The "Guide to Ontario's Licensed Pits and Quarries, Ready Mix
& Asphalt Plants" consists of a series of indexed maps at
a scale of 1:200,000 (1cm=2km).
The complete guide contains 78 maps in tabloid format
(11" x 17") that are presented in a binder with an Index Map (Key Map).
Other purchasing options are available if you require only a subset of the Guide:
The Guide contains a listing of licensing information including:
- Company - Name / Owner
- License Class
- Map # - Alpha/Numeric Reference (Map Label), per the Guide Index Map
- Map Grid # (Alpha/Numeric) cross reference to locate the operation on the map
- License # - "TOARC" (The Ontario Aggregate Resource Corporation) reference #
- Tonnage Limit - Maximum allowable production per year
- Site Plan (HA) - Licensed Area
- Client - Owner / Operator Name as it appears on the map
- Upper Tier Municipality - Name (e.g. Region, County, District)
- Operation Type - i.e. Pit, Quarry, or Both
Pit and Quarry data has been obtained under our license agreement with the Ministry of Natural Resources and is updated annually using data from The Ontario Aggregate Resources Corporation (TOARC).
The data for asphalt and ready-mix plants have been compiled with the assistance from the websites of the Ready Mixed Concrete Association of Ontario (RMCAO) and the Ontario Hot Mix Producers Association (OHMPA).
The printed maps in the Guide are printed in 11" x 17" format - a scale that allows for labeling the majority of the sites on the map. An index map is included to facilitate locating sites of interest. Guidebook maps are also available in digital PDF format for use on computers or mobile devices. Both printed and digital versions are available for order at our online store, or contact us for special orders.
- Standard map format is tabloid 11" x 17", map scale 1:200,000
- Special orders by email request:
- Guide map enlargements, e.g. 11" x 17" format maps printed on 24" x 36" media, scale 1:100,000
- Continguous-adjacent Guide maps (e.g. 4 Guide maps, 2 sheets wide by 2 sheets tall) print on 24" x 36" media, scale ~1:200,000
- Customized Maps. You provide us with the topic and area of interest to be mapped, which can be specified in a variety of ways:
- Map numbers per our Guide Index Map.
- UTM or Lattitude & Longitude coordinates of the four corners of the area of interest.
- Four places names, road intersections, or other landmarks near the four corners of the area of interest.
- Custom map scales, e.g. 1:100,000 or other enlargement or reduction.
- Large format printing (e.g. media widths of 24", 36", 42" or 44") is available. Email or call to discuss your requirements.